Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

Life is funny, as of Monday morning we were celebrating Independence Day with just our little family. Then we received 4 invitations to BBQ and watch fireworks by Monday at 1:00pm. We were kinda committed to staying close to home because others were counting on it. Not that we have any illegal fireworks or anything of that nature...cause that would be wrong. So we could only accept 2 invites and we are going to be sooo full. The girls are such social butterflies they are happy to be anywhere where there are other fun nice children.
On a personal note I am proud to have an American husband who loves his Country and two American daughters who are being raised in an amazing country that gives them the opportunity and freedom to be anything they set their minds to being. Both my sons have decided to become American citizens and that makes me very proud. So the question remains will I become an American citizen? Will I have to give up saying sorry with an "O"? Will I have to stop saying "pardon me"? Will I have to start watching baseball on TV (instead of hockey)? Stay tuned.
One L

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know whats funny? I've always known you were from Canada, but I've never thought of you as anything BUT an American! IF you do become an official citizen, will you quit telling me to "piss off?"

Michele said...

Never