All my friends here in PA tell me I am such a downer re: living in Pittsburgh and I am trying to prove them wrong...I am going to come up with 10 things I love about this place and try hard to remember these and not focus on the negatives.
1. I love the cool nights in the summer.
2. I love the pizza here.
3. I love that the girls can play outside in the back yard 10 months of the year.
4. I love my neighbors...they are the kindest sweetest people.
5. I love my house.
6. I love the outdoor parks.
7. I love Primanti Brother's sandwich place (it was on the food network)
8. I love the people here...once they accept you and let you in they are so genuine.
9. I love fireworks...and they are not illegal here.
10. I love that we only have 2 years, 9 months and 24 days to go.
Well I almost made it to 10.
love you all
Friday, June 15, 2007
The girls had their dance recital and let me just say I was the proudest mother in the world. Dene was the prettiest little ballerina in the place, and Jonece jazzed up the place. They knew their parts and didn't even have a touch of stage fright. I helped make Dene's costume but just dished out the bucks for Jonece's. As soon as Cory can figure out how to make copies of the recital we will send a copy to all who want one. Next on the agenda is violin lessons and gymnastics. Dene wants to keep up with the ballet but Jonece isn't sure.
Oh the joy of little girls...the boys were much less complicated...what sport starts at what time of the year.
It was so much fun doing their hair and make-up but it was a little scary for Daddy...he didn't like his little girls looking so grown up. That's all for now.