Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Whew!!!!

The weekend is over and all I can say is whew!. The craft show went well...my advent calendar was the first thing to go! They didn't even barter about the price! It kinda makes me sad to let it go...there was so much of me in it. I make a lot of crafts and give them away and never think twice about them but I will think of my cookie sheet advent calendar for a while. Or I might just have to make another one!
Super Saturday went well...I think. It is hard to judge when you are racing around trying hard to remember everything...and that is so not who I am! I should have been born blond (no offense intended). But I am such a scatter brain...always have been always will be! When I was little my father used to say I was "flaky". I don't think he was referring to my light and airy crust.
I have to say I was very impressed by the talented women who attended and have to admit I liked one of the ladies' stars even more so than mine. Great use of color and all that jazz. So many of the gals who signed up did an amazing job and I would put their creations up in my house in a heartbeat!
I know I was crazy to think I could take a couple of the other classes offered but I did try and managed to make a hairclip that was pretty darn cute. (thanks to the step by step hands on teaching of Melanie).
A special thanks to all those who helped...I couldn't do anything without you! I would be amiss if I didn't put a shout out there to my family...especially Cory. He has been so supportive and cut and sanded all 47 blocks! .He never complained about the neglected house or the craft purchases. Jonece and Dene were understanding about my need to get back into the scraproom and finish some project or organize something even when they wanted to go somewhere or have a friend over. I am truly blessed by the friends I have and the family that loves me inspite of my many flaws. I guess that is a nice way to prepare for this week...Thanksgiving is Thursday and it is a great time to remember how thankful I am.
Dene's birthday is Wednesday but we are postponing her party until next week to ensure all her friends can attend her "scrapilicious party" (they are making scrapbooks).
Now I just have to design her invitations and I already have a super cute idea forming in my head.
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone...eat Turkey and be thankful .
Love and smooshes
One Grateful L

5 comments:

Keri said...

I knew that calendar would be a quick sale!!

BusyMama said...

Happy birthday to Dene! That's Carter's birthday as well. :)

nancy said...

isn't it always great when a big project/event is finished? you are so creative, i know everyone just loves you. too bad they will miss you so much when you COME HOME like your zonie family does now. (sorry pittsburg ladies!) =)
happy scrap-happy b-day dene!

Brooklet said...

Wow, what a busy weekend for you! Super Saturday was very nice, i can't believe you also had a craft show that day! super woman.

Ryan Wolthuis said...

Holy criminy Michele, you are the craft Queen!
This is Ryan (AKA the "Elder with the spots) as I was formerly known as. I just remembered about your blog when I was creating mine today. Your family looks so happy. Hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog once in a while. Take care and don't sniff too much hot glue. Ryan W.