Friday, January 02, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I got the best gift ever this year...I got to spend Christmas with all 4 of my children! This top picture is my eldest boy, Greg! Isn't he a good looking young man? I hadn't seen him since Christmas 2006! two years is a long time to wait in mother years!
Sometimes I think Greg looks a bit like Cory...I know they are not biologically related but he has been his dad since Greg was 11. My first baby is now 22 and getting married in May.

We spent Christmas day at Caroline's but opened presents at Grandma's house early in the morning. Santa found them in AZ just like I said he would and they were very happy with their digital cameras.
Greg joined us at Caroline's for the day and a fabulous dinner that I didn't have to cook!

Christmas Eve we spent with Cory's family and we did a nativity and Dene was Mary and Cory was Joseph. Jonece was the narrartor and Cory's nephew Mason was all three of the wise men. The rest of us were the audience and let me just say...it was marvelous!
We spent a few hours almost every day visiting Chris at his apartment...it had nothing to do with the fact that he has a Wii and Wii fit. The girls love spending time with their brothers...and their toys.
Cousins cousins and more cousins are a recipe for fun! How can anyone go through life without an extended family...it would be so sad. We are so grateful that we have so many cousins and they all get along...well not counting fights between siblings.
We spent time with friends and the girls never wanted to leave...either did I. I went with my good friends Amy and Michelle, along with Nicole, Sandy and my sista Caroline to see the movie Twilight! I LOVED it! I am glad I waited because their were no screaming teenagers and I got lost in the movie. They did such a good job casting, except for Jasper and Rosalee...even the actor who played Edward grew on me.
Last but not by any means least our little baby Dene got Baptized! She was so excited and all it took was one dunk. The confirmation prayer gave me goosebumps and I am so proud of her. She loves her scriptures and is very excited to participate in Achievement days.
What a whirlwind holiday! I loved soaking up the sun and I loved the big blue sky. I loved seeing the mountains and I didn't even mind when it rained. AZ is home and I miss everything and everyone that makes it what it is to us.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and if you made it to the end of this long post you are truly a friend!
Love and all that jazz
One L

2 comments:

nancy said...

great photos chel. so sorry i missed you, but so happy you had a wonderful time, especially with your family. that's what i would most wish for you. what more could any one want?! happy new year. =)

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Glad you had a great time in AZ! Your boys are cute, how great that you were able to be with all your kids!