Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Another Reason to Dislike Winter

Yesterday I got a call from the school at around 11:00 informing me that Jonece had puked in class and needed to be picked up. Normally this would not be a problem but Cory and the rest of us had slept in (we are still partially on AZ time) and I told Cory to take the girls to school and take the car. So I called a few friends to ask if they could help me out but to no avail. I went to my neighbor's house to ask them if I could get a ride but everyone was afraid to drive in the ice. I slipped and slid all over the place hoping Cory would answer my calls but he was with a patient. While crossing the road I slipped and cracked my head on the brick road. Well at least that is what I assume happened since I couldn't really remember anything except crawling on the sidewalk and then I was lying on my living room floor crying. Not just sniffling but sobbing uncontrollably. I couldn't remember how to use my phone and I was dizzy and heaving, I was a mess. I called Rachelle and asked her to call Tyson but it took me forever to remember his name. Then by some Divine intervention my friend who is a nurse called and before you know it I was on my way to the ER and had a CT scan and contrary to popular opinion my brain is normal. I have a concussion and I feel so silly. I know I acted weird but they say it was probably the head injury (at least that is the story I am sticking to) I could barely speak between my sobs and I know I kinda freaked out Rachelle and Mandi not to mention Cory when he finally called me back. I very much hate the snow and ice. I hate crying infront of other people.
Jonece was picked up by my friend Terry, the one who owns the coffee shop...and she watched the girls till we got home from the hospital.
I feel stupid for getting hurt and everything but I know my Heavenly Father is aware of me and is blessing me with good friends and knows when I need him and sends help. I know I am getting better faster because of the prayers of my friends and family and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and its not because of the drugs.
I am off to bed...stay safe and watch out for those patches of ice that jump out from nowhere.
One cracked L

9 comments:

Brooklet said...

holy cow. holy cow- getting a concussion is no little deal! glad you are getting better and feeling better! for future reference, give me a call if you need a ride for anything. I am always available!

nancy said...

oh my! how awful!! i'm so sorry you had to go through that. what an ordeal! i can't even imagine dealing with snow and ice and bitter cold that you and desi have to deal with every winter's day. ugh! praying you get all well asap, poor baby. wish i could send warm sunshine your way, but the sunshine in your heart will have to do for now. =) xoxo

emily and Nate said...

dang, that sucks. maybe you should invest in a helmet, just a thought

Michele said...

When my son Greg(6 mths old)fell out of the shopping cart and fractured his skull he had to wear a little hockey helmet for 2 weeks...not the fashion statement I want to make but thanks anyway Emily! lol

Radene said...

Michele! I am so glad you are okay...and you know i'm home most of the time, so don't be afraid to call. I am glad you got your head checked, you just never know. Thank heaven you are alright.

Linda said...

Whoa! I'm glad your doing okay. Stupid winter, stupid ice! You need to move back to AZ.

Sketchy said...

Oh man, Michele! I hope you (and Janece) are feeling better. I hate ice too!

BusyMama said...

Oh my word! I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it sounds terrifying. Some day it will be a funny story, after the bruised bum and cracked head heal.

Cara said...

Oh my word! What a crazy story! Glad everything turned out okay in the end and that you have friends to help take care of you and your family!