Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!


This is my sister Care (with Greg)...whom I love to death! She is turning 34 on the 28th of January and I just think the world of her! She is crafty, artistically talented, an awesome cook, a patient loving mother, a hardworking wife, a wonderful sister, a great friend, and an example for all who are blessed to have her in their lives.
Since having babies we have struggled with our weight...she is doing this thing...from the couch to 5K. I am so proud of her...I hate running but she is on her treadmill and running outside and she is going to be able to run a 5K!!! I am so proud of her. Way to go Care!
I was older when Caroline was born and I decided that my parents were less than adequate so I decided I would raise her...I was 11 going on 30. So I rocked her to sleep every night and took her for walks to the mall. We shared a room and I would pull her crib over to my bed so she could hold my finger and fall asleep. I walked her to school (Kindergarten) everyday and made her blueberry pancakes on the weekends. I hugged her and kissed her and told her I loved her almost everyday...I thought I was doing her a favor but it was me who got the prize. She was so sweet and I enjoyed spending time with her. When I went away to college she would come and spend weekends with me at the dorm. When my boys were born she was the only one who came over to help...she was so great with Greg. so I got the prize of a sister who is also a best friend.
I know I am lucky to have her in my life and I hope she has a great week...Happy birthday sista!
Love ya
One sappy L

4 comments:

nancy said...

you are so blessed to have each other. happy birthday care!! =)

6jardines said...

Oh My Gosh!!!!! Now, I am bawling!!! Thanks so much for the bday wishes and for always being there for me..What would I have done without you in my life?????..trust me..I AM THE LUCKY SISTER!!!!
love ya lots!

Julie Jardine said...

That was such a nice blog post! How amazing that you put that to words!
I clicked to your blog through Carolines, and as her sister-in-law, I appreciated reading that sweet message! She really is an awesome lady!

nicole said...

Wow, what a thoughtful tribute! I also clicked on this link from Caroline's blog. I'm Seth's cousin, and I LOVE Caroline! She is such a kind-hearted and amazing person. It sounds like you have the most wonderful relationship! Hope you don't mind me stopping by! :)