Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh Happy Day


After our latest trip to AZ Cory has finally conceded that AZ is the place to call home. This is a picture of Cory with his sister and younger brother (he has 5 older ones). It is kinda funny how things have changed here...I have found some pretty awesome friends here in PA and though I still miss my bestest friends in AZ I am finally carving out a social life that resembles the one I had back home in Gilbert. Don't fret my friends I have no intention of staying here! But Cory is really missing his brothers and sisters...now that we have been away for almost 3 years he now knows there is no place like home...and home is family!
I used to think I would have a hard time keeping in touch with the new friends I have made here but now I realize that is just not who I am...I don't love (deep friendship love) easily so when I make the leap it is forever! I truly love my friends and though I suck at mailing letters and packages I am pretty good at the ocassional call and semi frequent texts.
I miss my sister...seeing her at Christmas was bitter sweet...the more we see eachother the harder it is to say goodbye! Spending time with old friends makes me happy and sad too. But life is so fun in that we have opportunities to grow and make new friends.
The weather is horrid but I am in good spirits...must be the anti-depressants!! (Or maybe the recent head injury) Or maybe it was all that glorious sunshine I soaked up in AZ...my seasonal affect disorder is barely noticeable.
Well Cory is happy to return to AZ in 16 months (if he can find a job there) and I am possitively giddy! I know I told Cory I was moving back to AZ with or without him...but I really would have missed him. So we are all on the same page and life is good!
I hope everyone is all snuggly warm!
Love to you my friends!
One L

5 comments:

6jardines said...

Duh!!! Get your buns back here asap!!!!
Tell Cory that Sadie misses him! She saw the pic of him on the computer and pointed and said Ca Ca....she loves him!
funny...but true! (the caca part...)

emily and Nate said...

We are moving to AZ in March, we are looking in Gilbert but are kinda being tempted by the monster homes out in Queen Creek, we'll have to stay in touch so we can hang out in AZ and so Corey can be our dentist.

Linda said...

There is no place like AZ! I'll admit that I totally love it here. And I'm pretty sure that we'll end up staying. Isn't it such a nice relief when both of you are on the same page, and its nice that you both have decided on AZ before graduation. I was a little nervous about moving here (missing the snow, green, seasons, etc.). But after being home in Idaho during Christmas, I realized how much I love the sun! I'm still amazed that I can wear short sleeve shirts in January:)

Jana said...

Well, we will miss you no matter if you hate Pittsburgh or not. I do have to agree that nicer weather would make Pittsburgh more appealing. :)

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Your sister looks so much like you! And I know what you mean, man...I am so SICK OF WINTER!!!! Maybe we'll change our plans and move to AZ with you guys! I need some of those pills you have! I have the winter blues big time, it has been worse this year then any other! Probably because I am home. Urgh!