Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Party Day

Dene had her party today and let me just say I didn't have fun, but Dene said she did. It was a comedy of errors from the beginning and I am just glad it is over. It sounded like such a fun idea except none of these girls had the slightest idea what to do...well except for Dene and Jonece.
Maybe I expect too much...maybe I am not the ideal teacher for 8 year olds. Well lets just start with the topper of the day...my friend Mandi was going to be my helper since Cory and scrapbooking Never occur in the same sentence in anyone's reality. Mandi's husband is a fireman and just as she was getting ready to come to my place her husband got a call and he had to go...and so did my sanity. The thought of fourteen little girls with glue and scissors and only me was daunting, but I had to press on there was no alternative.
I was clear...double sided tape for paper and glue for the heavier stuff like chipboard. Did anyone pay attention...NO! Paper that looked like waves from the enormous amount of glue and chipboard pieces held down with tape. How does a huge puddle of glue come from being told to use tiny dots on the edges? How does put this aside until the end mean glue it to the front of the scrapbook now? Who would have thought that I would have to explain that double sided tape goes on the back of the photo not on the front? I quit...seriously I will never, I repeat never undertake anything like this ever ever again.
I felt like I was on a treadmill and it was going way to fast!
I was a recipe for disaster and I was more than a little frazzled with Cory out studying for finals. I should have been prepared for the chance that I had to do it alone. But regardless this was my last scrapbook birthday party I will ever do!
It feels good to vent and it even feels better knowing that none of the moms will ever read my blog! I don't want them to know what a huge failure I was. Dene's classmate's mothers think I am so crafty and I don't want to shatter the illusion.
On a positive note it is done and I won't have to plan another Birthday Party until April!
Now I just have to get through Enrichment on Tuesday and it is clear sailing all the way to AZ on the 19th! I am so excited...I can't wait to hug my boys and I haven't seen so many of my bestest friends in almost 2 years!!!!
I am off to bed to hopefully not have nightmares about the day and awake in the morning a nicer more loving person.
One L

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

Um, wow. That doesn't sound like much fun for you, but it does sound like a lot of fun for the girls! glad you made it through it in one piece!

nancy said...

oh no! your scrappy party lost it's "s" when that fire alarm went off!! i could just see it all in my mind as i read your post and thought what a funny commercial it would make for a party service business. ("don't get STUCK with a mess! call parties R us!) hehehe =)