Monday, September 01, 2008

Life Happens

Cory's brother Scott came for a visit and he is an expert at concrete so they redid the driveway and sidewalk and all I can say is...it is beautiful!
We have been so busy these last few weeks trying to do all the things we wanted to do before school started for the girls...no such luck but we have been busy! We still have ticket to Kennywood but haven't gone yet...we haven't taken the girls on the Clipper and we didn't make it up to Canada this summer. Not to worry though, we can do all those things before September is over.
We spent a lot less time at the pool than I thought we would but still worth the 125.00 we paid for the summer pass. I think we had an unseasonably cool August because that pool was downright freezing half the time and I don't know how the girls even got in let alone stayed in until there lips were blue. They are little water bugs and they get that from me...I remember being so sad every time my parents made me get out of the water to eat or sleep.
The girls started back to school this week (Aug. 25th) and let me say we were all happy for school to resume. Jonece and Dene get along so well but by the end of the summer they were so not! They love their new teachers and classrooms and this year promises to be different but fun in its own right. Last year Dene had the sweetest teacher in the school and they really clicked. They shared a love of animals and this years teacher loves Micky Mouse. Jonece had a male teacher last year and this year her teacher is the wife of the superintendent of the Keystone Oaks school district and I am told she is tough but fair. She loves 4th grade already!


I have been busy with Enrichment and getting to know some of the new people that have moved into the ward this last month. We have 6 new dental students in our ward and Cory says there is a ton more in the other wards. One of Cory's brother's friends is here in our ward, he is going to medical school here at Pitt.
I have had a few over for lunch and they all seem so fun and I am sort of sad that I will have only 20 months and 3 weeks to get to know them better...OK my joy at heading home way overshadows my sadness but they all seem like super cool ladies and it would have been nice had they moved here 2 years ago!
That is all for now my friends!
Stay cool!
One L

3 comments:

Radene said...

cute girls. I hope they're enjoying school. and YES, your driveway looks awesome! Yeah!

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Michele! How are you enjoying your new purse!!?? Cute pic of the girls!

Gina said...

Yay for driveways and swimming and school! Yay for you to have some more alone time to do all of your busy stuff!