Saturday, September 06, 2008

Feeling Medieval

We went to the Renaisance Festival today and the girls had so much fun ...the rides were man powered but just as fun as a rollercoaster! The weather looked like it would rain but it stayed dry and cool!
This barrel was way fun! the guy would swing them way up and then start spinning them. At only 3 bucks a ride it was a steal...NOT! I was sitting there adding up how much money that ride raked in on the average day...at 12 to 15 dollars every 3-5 mins...it made me want to make this contraption in my back yard and charge a buck and I could make 50 bucks an hour!

This ride was less spectacular but the girls loved it...they spin the crow's nest up then let it go and they wind and unwind down the pole.
The girls enjoyed trying archery, and Cory was a patient teacher! Then we watched a few shows...some were inappropriate for the girls but most of that humor went right over their heads! We watched a hypnotist show that was too funny! The fire eater was cool and the jousting was just OK.
We went with the Murdocks but they are in none of my pictures! I think Cory and
Tyson's favorite thing was the turkey leg!
We came home and I put the last few finishing touches to Keri's baby shower invitations...then I got a sad call from my sister...my Uncle had passed away alone in his apartment and it took over a week before anyone found him. It is a sad story, a sad life, and a sad death.
I loved my Uncle Brian very much...when my dad told me I couldn't marry him when I grew up I consoled myself by saying that I would have to marry my Uncle Brian then...they didn't have the heart to tell me I couldn't marry him either! His life has been tragic for the last 5 or 6 years...and his death was not a surprise...just very sad.
If you have a moment say a prayer for my cousin Charlene and my dad...they are left with all the work and heartache. My sister and I are hopeful that my Uncle will find the gospel in the spirit world and plan to do his work in a year.
Hug for families...call those far away and let them know how much you love them.
Sorry to end on a sad note.
One L

3 comments:

Gina said...

How fun! I didn't even know such things were going on! I am glad you got Rachelle out of the house too. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

KristiBT said...

first: off with their heads!
second: sorry about your uncle

JoDell said...

Looks like you had a fun day at the festival! I'm definitley hanging one of those barels in my yard!

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. That is very sad. You'll be in my prayers.