Monday, September 29, 2008

I am a loser

It is always fun to hang out with friends and those that are enduring to the end...the end of dental school that is! What a unique lifestyle we all live, trying hard to keep it all together when the guys are so busy and stressed to the max for the first two years, trying to be supportive when all we want is a wife of our own to help us out. So any excuse to hang out and be there for each other is a life saver! Rachelle had a few fellow students over for a chili cook off and I have to say...I was by far the loser!
I knew my chili was mediocre at best but I didn't even get in the top five! I guess we can't all be good at everything. In my defense chili is not my thing. If we had a dessert category I would have won the blue ribbon for sure! (At least that is what I tell myself)


It is fun to watch my friends have babies and prepare for babies on the way...and it makes me so incredibly happy that I have older kids for sure! Those little people are so much work...it is amazing that anyone has more than one! I love smooshing those sweet babies and handing them back to mommy or daddy when they are less than happy. The best of both worlds...all the hugs and smiles...none of the work!
I am truly grateful that the girls love the little ones as much as I do and play with the babies so well. They will be rich by the time they are 16 and no longer want to spend Friday night babysitting.

I have dealt with the fact that I am a chili cook off loser but vow to have a cook off that is more up my alley...hey how about a Texas Sheet Cake cook off?
That is all for now my friends and family...till later I remain...
One loser L

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've tasted your texas sheet cake and you'd definitely win the blue ribbon! and how about cardmaking? numero uno for sure! =) no...you are NOT a loser! well, except you lost this argument. hehehe

nancy=)

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

I love your TSC! I just made some on Sunday and it wasn't nearly as good. Are you willing to share that recipe? Seriously!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry we missed it! Zach was bummed he wasn't going to get a chance to compete, he actually makes a good man chili (as in it's all meat with a little bit of sauce and a bean or two)!

Elise said...

Looks like a fun time! Oh well, its not about the chili but about the friends. I think the dessert cook off sounds like fun! I love your desserts!

Amy O said...

Yes ma'm... you most certainly would win for best dessert, though I do have a new cupcake recipe that might come in a close 2nd! Also... a spaghetti sauce cook off would be yours to win!
And Gina... I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure you don't have enough money to get One L to share that recipe! ;-)