Monday, October 13, 2008

Pet Peeves

I have noticed that I am not the kind, patient person I once was, if I ever was! Things get on my nerves and I find I get peeved at the strangest things!
Here are some of my pet peeves today:
1. I get so angry at 4 way stops...it seems that no one understands the concept of he who was there first gets to go first! For crying out loud don't wave me through when you were first!!! It messes up the system. Seriously I want to follow them and give them a lesson on how 4 way stops work.
2. Pittsburgh lefts are illegal and dangerous and don't get mad at me when I go when the light is green!
3. Toenails that curve over the toe and make a clicking sound when they tap the ground need to be trimmed! (Or at least hide them in closed toe shoes!)
4. NO STARK WHITE SHOES AFTER LABOR DAY!!!!!!(off white and cream are OK) I have so many pet peeves when it comes to shoes...men who wear sneakers with a suit, wheelies, flip flops at church, open toed shoes and the toes overflow and rest on the ground.
5. If I am kind enough to hold the door for you...a simple thank you is required!
6. While dining out with my family or friends I am totally not interested in strangers conversations so when they talk loud enough for everyone to hear I want to slip them a note asking them to use their inside voices...but I resist!
7. If I give you a taste of my food at a restaurant it is written you must at least offer to give me a taste of yours. This was the test for all guys I dated and Cory passed with flying colors!
8. It makes me crazy when people park on the "no parking" side of the road...so if you have to go down the street you have to squeeze through, praying you don't scrape either car!
9. Gratuitous public displays of affections! Get a room!
10. Those people who think they are better than others...it is just not true!

It took me about 3 minutes to come up with 10 pet peeves! I guess that means I am either in a bad mood or I have many more than 10. I am betting that I am just not the kindest person on the block today!
I have to learn to be more accepting or stop driving and eating out!
Shopping for shoes always puts me in a better mood! My sister is coming for a visit tomorrow and that is just about the coolest thing that could ever happen! I miss her so much...friends are great but sisters are way special. She will be here for about a week and we are heading up to Toronto for a wedding...yeah!!!
As soon as I see her face I will instantly be in the best mood ever...until tomorrow then.
One peeved L

8 comments:

Brooklet said...

I share many, MANY of your pet peeves. Except, sometimes I like to hear random strangers conversations.

The whole driving thing here in PA ticks me off- drivers are either too cutreous (like waving you ahead when it is their turn) or they are completely rude, flipper-off-ers.

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, yes...i totally agree!
i'm so happy you and care get to spend some time together. hellos are wonderful, but the goodbyes stink...roses and thorns grow together and all that jazz. have a most wonderful week!!

nancy =)

emily and Nate said...

have fun with your sis, I'm jealous I miss mine):
You and the shoes, that's funny. I'm not really into fashions and rarely notice what someone is wearing. My mom is a TOTAL fashion diva, she has a closet as big as a bedroom stuffed with clothes,shoes,belts,bags and even has a storage unit to house her clothes and alternates with the different seasons. She dressed me until I graduated high school, you would think I would have a little fashion interest I think I just got burned out at a younge age, anyway, have fun at the wedding.




Have fun at the wedding!

KristiBT said...

hehe. I like #3. My aunt has toenails like that - She sounds like a velociraptor when she walks.

Amy O said...

Hope you and Care have fun! Is it December yet? :(

BusyMama said...

Yay! So glad you found me. And I laughed out loud while I was reading these, by the way. I totally hear you!

Anonymous said...

the annoying thing is, I bet most of your driving pet peeves would be nonexistant if you didn't live in pittsburgh, dont you think?

Michele said...

Very true Melanie...very true.