Friday, October 24, 2008

Sister's Visit/Wedding/Canada


It has been a bit crazy around here but when I think about it...it is almost always crazy around here! My sister came from AZ with her 3 year old and her 1 year old and let me just say I am in awe of her! She is so patient and loving, and when you are dealing with 2 babies that are totally off their schedule it is a test for sure! I wish I was more like her on so many levels...she is strong and soft at the same time! We really didn't have much time just the two of us, the kiddos seem to demand our attention and no one really slept well...so late might talks were always interrupted. We tried to jam so many things into an 8 day visit.
We headed up to Canada for our cousin's wedding, and it was so much fun! I got to see so many of my cousins that I haven't seen for 10 years or more. It was a formal wedding at a golf and curling club and it was just beautiful. We didn't go to the church we just went to the reception. It would have been a long and unbearable day for the children so we had to choose only one of them. The bride and groom were breathtaking and the club was so nice. We sat down at our assigned table and the lights were dimmed and we saw these little treats on our table along with olives and other snacky things.
Well, they kinda looked like white chocolate shells so Cory popped one in his mouth and by the look on his face we knew it wasn't chocolate. As you may have guessed it was butter...little hard balls of butter...and Cory ate one whole! Yummy! Well we laughed all night long, not only at the butter boy but at the interesting people we are related to and the dates they choose to bring.
We seriously laughed so hard we had tears rolling down our faces.
It was fun to spend a night out with my husband...we even danced! My feet were killing me because I choose to go with the super cool/high shoes instead of the comfy lower heels...so I didn't dance as much as I would have liked.
It was nice to spend time with my sisters...we have to do it more often. I will post more pictures later...I am beat tonight.
Later my friends
One tired L


7 comments:

emily and Nate said...

Ha, Corey ate a butter ball, I thought it looked like a golf ball, I probably would have done the same thing! Your sister is so pretty, I thought she and your youngest looked a bit alike. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Brooklet said...

I was going to say the same thing, that I can see a resemblence in your sister and your two girls.
Sisters are the best- how lucky you are that you got to have 8 days with her!

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy you and care were able to have some time together. it's so hard to be so far away from our loved ones for so long. hellos are wonderful! the goodbyes stink! you're so blessed to have each other. {sing along with me now..."sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..."}

nancy =)

Sketchy said...

Hey there! Time with sister's is the best. It's one of the few things that makes me think I want another baby actually, I want to order up Brooke a sister so she can have times like this in her future.

PS: Sketchy=me, Shelly Ketchum

Anonymous said...

mmmm....butter balls, you mean you're not supposed to eat those like candy?

Radene said...

Michele, I love the picture of your and Cory...so nice! And the story about the butter balls! :-) a memory for sure.

Elise said...

I love weddings! You and your sister are so cute. You really look a lot a like. And I do agree she looks a lot like Dene. I love the butter ball story! My friend in middle school made the same mistake so luckily I've never had to. But I can see it would be pretty easy to do!