Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Forgot my Camera!

Can you believe it? We went to Canada, spent time with my mom, dad and my sister, Cory's birthday was celebrated up in Canada and I didn't bring my camera and have no pictures of all the fun things we did and saw. I should be stripped of my blogging privileges!
We had a nice relaxing vacation this time, we didn't stay as long as we planned but we did have a really nice time. I don't get to see my older sister very often and usually it is with a larger group, this time we spent time one on one and it was great. My sister Angie and I are closer in age but haven't been close most of our lives. I have always loved her and looked up to her and wanted to be close but we have always been so very different and it never happened. Our lives took such different paths that we went our separate ways and never looked back. I have always regretted that but accepted the reality that it might never change. We are still different but now I think that maybe one day we will be closer, maybe we can be more like sisters.
Cory's birthday was quiet...just like he prefers them. He hates it when I make a bid deal and the only time I have ever thought Cory was going to say something mean or back hand me was when I got them to sing Happy Birthday to him at a restaurant. I just don't get it! Who doesn't like being the center of attention for 5 minutes? For years I thought he was just being modest and didn't want to make a big fuss about his birthday but he hates it! One day I will throw him a huge surprise Birthday party and he will be mad but when I say it was more for me and the kids he will forgive me.
Later dudes!
One Canadian L

3 comments:

Radene said...

Glad you had a good time and was able to see your sister there. Justin is the same way. We celebrated his birthday with just the family here at home. It was nice. I made a pretty darn good German chocolate cake, which he liked. Happy Birthday Cory!

Cara said...

I'm just like Cory. I would hate the attention. Though Barry would LOVE a surprise party. We are total opposites on that one. Glad you had fun with the fam. Did you go to the water park we talked about? Oh, and happy birthday Cory! :)

Brooklet said...

Happy birthday Cory. Cody also doesn't like suprise parties- which is good, because I don't think I would be that good at planning one. Glad that you had a good trip- next time-- take your camera!