Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday Girl

Jonece has grown so much this past year...she cut her hair off and it has grown back! She is in third grade and writes in cursive all the time. (Even Cory doesn't write in cursive yet!) She got baptized last year and she has become such a lovely young lady. She had a party last Saturday and even though most of her friends couldn't make it she had a blast.
Looking back at her 9 long years I remember simple things, like her love of her binkies, her lack of fear when her brothers would take her for a spin in her stroller while wearing rollerblades. I remember how afraid we were when she was born and was having trouble breathing, she looked so tiny in the NICU with all those tubes and wires. She is a fighter! She has always loved water and would stay in the pool/tub/cooler forever if I let her. Jonece has always been soft spoken and funny. As she gets older she still makes me laugh and I am in awe of the peace that surrounds her. She is precious and I am the lucky one who gets to be her mom. I look forward to another year with this wonderful little girl. Let's face it how many more years do I have before she is a teenager and no longer thinks I am cool!
Please excuse my attempt at making a movie...I am not sure why the music doesn't play and why certain letters are missing...but hopefully you get the idea.
Loving you all,
One L

7 comments:

Cara said...

She's a cutie! Wish the music worked on the video, but it was still cute. Has to be cute with such a cute girl starring! :)

Brooklet said...

Happy Birthday Jonece! I love, love having Jonece in primary- I thought your description of how she always seems to be surrounded by peace, is a perfect way to describe her. She is always to so eager to help out and participate and she is always so polite. You have done a wonderful job raising such a sweet girl!

Michele said...

I wish I could take credit for her sweet polite nature but she came to me...just like she is!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday!!! She really is so sweet. The way your girls play with my boys makes my heart melt.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jonece! She is such a sweet and beautiful girl. Anyone who is a nice to Aubrey as she is scores major brownie points with me!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to such a sweet girl. I wished I could've gotten to know her better in Achievement Days. You must be one proud momma!

Radene said...

I love Jonece too! Happy Birthday Jonece! You are a wonderful girl, with a wonderful family! I'm lucky to know you. Thanks for being such a sweetie to my boys whenever we're around. Hope your birthday was wonderful.