Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Love Raccoon Creek

I really love going camping here in PA...so does Cookie! We have gone a few times and taken the dog and she has done so well I think we will take her from now on. She didn't bark at night at all the raccoons in the camp site and there was no whining...except a little from me...I constantly felt icky...like no matter how many times I brushed my teeth I felt I had grime all over me.
We stayed 2 nights and maybe that is too long to go without a shower especially if you go swimming in the lake!

We had great weather and a great site...we just missed friends. OK I know I am not a big fan of huge groups going camping together...but I really love it when we go with just one or two other families!

For the girls it is all about the food...I wonder where they get that from? Here is one of their favorite camping treats...The S'more! Special thanks goes out to Bryant Low for his uber cool method of melting the chocolate...it is yummy!
Cory is by far the best marshmallow roaster in the entire world...I am not exaggerating...it is a science and he has mastered it. One taste of his lightly toasted melted wonder and you would all agree!
Love and fireflies
One L

6 comments:

nancy said...

the best thing about camping is actually being able to see stars at night. in town you just can't really see them as well. we went up north a few weeks ago and i stared in awe at the stars. the longer i stared the more appeared. now THAT was really awesome!!
(and i wish we had fireflies here. they are sooo cool!)

Meredith said...

I haven't had a s'more in so long...and the last time I had one it was winter and I was desperate so I had to roast it on a burner on my stove :) Sounds like you had a great time! Hopefully it isn't too long before we can camp with Keri and Braden.

BusyMama said...

Mmmm...tasty! I'm not a camping person, but the food, I can definitely handle!

Unknown said...

Jealous! Looks so fun!! I miss camping!

Alisha said...

Hi Michele! We just went camping and took all 3 dogs! it was interesting! They actually did pretty good. Chloe LOVED it, I think she ate an entire pine tree chewing on sticks and playing fetch non stop. I wanted to know if I could get some instructions on your count down to christmas that you made last year.(do you have them?) I wanted to make one for me. I need some cute ideas for christmas presents for parents. Hope you are doing good. miss you!
Alisha

Alisha said...

oh, and we made smores last night after family home evening. made them in the microwave (30 seconds)
not the same as campfire but they did the trick!!