Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy 4th of July

In the past I have tried to take pictures of fireworks and of course they never turn out...somehow it always turns out looking like a space shot of the milky way. So when I forgot the camera I thought "no big deal" well I was wrong!
We went to the Bushman's house for a BBQ and after the sun went down they have a perfect view of the Mount Lebanon fireworks display from the comfort of their enormous backyard! We had so much fun...yes, even Cory had fun at a ward activity...I wish I had turned around and grabbed the camera.
Since there is no evidence that Cory did indeed go...and he had fun...you will all have to go on trust. Cory socialized, played frizbee and resisted the urge to "discipline" some little boys who will remain nameless (to protect the guilty).
Never in a million years would I invite the ward to my lovely home and let all those children run amuck, I must say there is a special place in Heaven for people like that!
The girls ran around and Dene loved on the babies...they could go to ward functions every day and life would be just blissful for them! I think they miss school, well the running around with other kids part of school...not so much the day to day homework part to school.
The fireworks were pretty good...the last part was impressive. We came home and the girls showered and we all hit the sack and crashed...now that's a sign of a good time!
Let me just finish my saying that I am glad I am raising my children in the USA. The freedoms they enjoy and the opportunities they have are unique to the States and I am grateful to the men and women who have fought to provide this future for them. I pray the United States of America will remain the land of the free and the home of the brave...forever!
Love and sparklers,
One L

4 comments:

nancy said...

i love celebrating this holiday (if only it wasn't SO HOT...but i digress...) because i truly am "so proud to be an american!
flag, friends, and family...score! =)

emily and Nate said...

your so cute Michele, I love reading your blog!

Meredith said...

We forgot our camera too!(yet again)...but if you ever need me to, I would be willing to testify under oath that I did, in fact, see Cory there socializing and enjoying himself :)

6jardines said...

We're going to need video proof of the socializing....

although...a certain American Idol performance seems to make me think there is more than meets the eye here......:)