Saturday, May 02, 2009

No pictures

I feel so lame posting without a picture...I am not naive enough to think that anyone wants to hear my spews of verbage. I know its all about the pictures! I was even thinking about faking some pictures re: my week thus far because I didn't take any...why you ask? I really hate my camera! Its old and the pictures almost never turn out. It might be that I suck as a photographer...but I am trying to convince myself that a better camera would solve all my problems. This summer I have Mother's Day, my 11year anniversary, and my birthday so maybe I can coax Cory into getting me a new camera for all three combined. I won't hold my breath...summer is such a poor (financially) time. The people who say money can't buy happiness are ususally rich! I think money can't make you happy if you are generally a miserable person...or money can't make you feel loved and important...or money can't bring peace and joy into your life...but who do they think they are kidding...money can buy stuff and stuff can bring happiness!!
This week has been a fun one...it ended on a happy note...Radene's shower. Everything went easy and turned out cute...if I do say so myself! I loved my little party favors...candy in a bag in a little pretty paper fold over purse thingy tied with ribbon. I am thinking ahead to future birthday parties and stuff. I will have to take a picture of her invites and the favors for all my friends who didn't get to see them in person...still pictures are generally easier for me than the others...involving people and light and all that crap!
Greg's wedding is just 2 weeks away and we are leaving for AZ on the 14th and I am excited to see my family and friends!
I finally found a dress for the wedding! my neighbor brought over 2 formal dresses she wore to her children's weddings and said I could have them! Thank you Heavenly Father...I just couldn't find one I liked at a price I could pay and I love the dress from my neighbor and it was free! I will remind Cory that I got the dress for free when I bring up the new camera again...he he he...always thinking.
I feel very blessed this week I have a wonderful family that I love to pieces and so many good friends that bless my life everyday...and it's Stake Conference tomorrow (usually that means attendance is optional for us) but we are excited to go!
We will be done by noon and I am making a turkey for dinner...Cory's favorite...I have to start early buttering him up for the camera and nothing works better than turkey!
love and all that jazz my friends and sorry for the lack of photos.
One sweet L

3 comments:

nancy said...

never let the lack of photos keep you from posting! i just loving reading about what's going on with you with or without photos. they're fun, but i don't think they're necessary to post. one of my sons has the most wonderful blog and he usually doesn't have photos, but i love reading what's going on in his life...and he's coming home on the 8th...yee haa!!
(then my friend is coming to arizona and hopefully this time i will get to see her and give her a big smoosh.) =) happy may!
wow, a turkey in may, that sounds yum-o. lucky cory!

Pitcherpost said...

I think a new camera is worth every penny! I will have to say bye to you before you leave for the wedding, I'll be gone before you get back :(

6jardines said...

I have lost my camera....so there have been no pics on mine for weeks....you have had to endure my spewage....
I love to get a little piece of you however I can get it!!!
Can't wait till you get here!