Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sleepover

Jonece had her birthday party/spa night/sleepover on Friday night and all I can say is whew! Seven little girls for 16 hours... it was an experience! Cory reached his maximum girl level before 8 and went and hid in our bedroom for the night. In some ways I am so glad because if he had of been there for some of the conversations I think he might have blown a gasket. some of these girls are 9 going on 20, maybe it is because they have older sisters but I don't remember any of my friends being boy crazy at 9 or 10 years old.
We had pizza and cake and ice cream and then we did our toes.

I don't think I could ever do pedicures for a living but it sure is funny how people start telling you their whole life story the minute you start rubbing their feet. I have decided that Jonece is not allowed to play at certain girls houses anymore...I know that makes me judgemental but hey isn't that my job? If a little girl (10years old) told you she had been at boy/girl parties and played 7 minutes of heaven wouldn't you think maybe she is a little too "hoochy" for your liking?
All in all the night was a success, Jonece finally had a slumber party and even thiough there was drama drama drama throughout the night she had a blast. Saturday night we all went to bed early and fell asleep before our heads hit the pillow.
That is all for now
love and smooshes
One L

7 comments:

BusyMama said...

Hearing about that 10 year old's hoochiness made me really glad I don't have girls! Holy cow, that's crazy!

nancy said...

it's totally your job! we are here to protect our babies as long as possible from growing up waaaay too fast. 7 minutes of heaven? yikes!
scary =!
all in all looks like you had an awesome party. you are amazing! (or crazy, the jury is still out. hehehe)

emily and Nate said...

your an awesome mom! Kids are growing up way too fast, I saw some stuff on Nickelodeon that convinced me to turn off our T.V for good.

6jardines said...

definatly too hoochie....you do what you have to do!!!
I feel bad for you....I can barely endure a playdate here at our house...other people's kids irritate me!!! ( relatives excluded ofcourse)

I wanna hide in the bedroom from my own kids...never mind the 8000 that you had over!!!!

we'll have to do a birthday lunch for all the kiddos when you are here!

6jardines said...

thanks for the blog help too...you are the best!!! oxoxoxo

Pitcherpost said...

It makes me exhausted just thinking about what a long night that must have been. And that makes me a little sick that 10 year olds are playing seven minutes in heaven. What grade is Jonece in? I remember people in 5th and 6th grade doing that, isn't that so young!?

Alisha said...

Hi Michele! The girls are getting so big. Tell them we said hi! I am excited to see you soon. I started a scrapbook club on friday nights. It has been fun and I have gotten ALOT done. maybe you could bring some stuff with you and scrap with us! I know you wont be busy with anything else while you are here:)