Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Class pet?

What has the world come to when the class pet is a huge stuffed Mickey? I remember when I was young our class room has a small pet...fish...turtle...mouse...all real and all alive and each student would have the opportunity to care for the animal over holidays and long weekends. Well Dene had the opportunity to "take care of" her class pet which is a stuffed Mickey Mouse. Is it just me or is that kind of lame?
We are such a weird bunch...Dene took him outside for some fun on the swings and he sat at his own seat during dinner. Cory kept yelling at Mickey to stop staring at him...and Dene would try and turn his head but it would always end up staring at Cory. Dene put on his jammies and snuggled up for the night. One might say my family has a great imaginations...or maybe we are just a bunch of weirdos. I am opting for the great imaginations!
We have a semi busy weekend ahead...the girls are off Thurs and Fri but Cory doesn't get a minute off. I have girl's night at my house and we are making bracelets and I am excited. Saturday we are having our Easter dinner...Sundays are too hectic with Church at 1:00 so we thought Saturday might be a better choice.
Jonece's birthday is the 17th and she wants to have a sleepover birthday party and I have relented and said YES! I know I will regret this but I love that little girl and she wants it sooooo bad how could I say no? I have her invitations to do and another baby shower to plan for the beginning of May. Life is fun.
Later my friends
One L

4 comments:

nancy said...

i agree. lame-o. and why so huge?
i love the staring at cory comment. "ma, he's looking at me! stop looking at him! never look at him again for the rest of your life!(cosby) hehehe
i remember a cute little teddy bear one of mine brought home for a sleepover. it had a backpack and inside were his pj's and a storybook.
glad you had fun with mickey and got a picture too, but where's the one of him staring at cory?

BusyMama said...

hmmm...that's a new one for me! Aubrey would get a huge kick out that of that, though! Mickey's her favorite pet.

6jardines said...

super lame pet.....another baby shower??? holy crap girl!

melanie said...

That's so funny, all of it. Especially him staring at cory. Do you still have that Mickey? It might disappear from your house if you do....Aubs would LOVE to snuggle with that big guy! She now has a minnie mouse and she carries mickey and minnie EVERYWHERE. Like she flips out if she doesn't have them in her hands at all time.