Tuesday, March 04, 2008

School Field Trip







I got the chance to go with Dene on her school trip to the Aviary and the Children's Museum and let me just say we all had a blast! I am ashamed that I haven't taken my kids there before, both are totally up their alley. I think we could have spent the entire day in the art room of the children's museum and it would have been an amazing day. Dene loves art and being creative, and she is talented! She gets that from my side of the family...yeah! one thing from side! My mother is an amazing artist/painter. We are planning another trip there so both girls can play. Some parts of the museum are too young for the girls but all in all it has so much to offer. Family passes are expensive but just a day is very reasonable. Just a little note to anyone thinking of going...bring a change of clothes because there is a floor where they learn about water and they can get soaked.
At the Aviary we saw so many birds and a few shows. The birds are so close you can even touch them...not that you should. The pictures do not it justice...there are birds at your feet and flying around your head! If you plan a trip to the Aviary...wear a hat!
We have had a busy week so far and it will get worse for sure! Why oh why do I sign up for so many things??? Its not like anyone asked me...I volunteered! I have the newsletter to do this week and I am working the Book Fair everyday as well! I am also in charge of the cookie booth outside of Kuhns Saturday...I think Cory is going to be our best customer...he seriously has a thing for the new Lemon chalet cookies not to mention Samoas! Well that is all for now, totally love you all and miss everyone in AZ.
One L

6 comments:

Jana said...

I LOVE the children's museum. We actually have a pass so anytime you are up for going, give me a call. My boys love it there. We still haven't made it to the aviary. But I want to. And about the cookie booth? YUM!!!

Amy O said...

Say it with me One L... N-O! You taught me how to say it, now follow your own advice! I love me some Samoa's too! mmmmm!
Miss you bunches!

Brooklet said...

OH, we are big, big fans of the children's museum in our house- Claire loves the art room also- though I keep thinking how much she is going to like it when she gets older. So glad your girls had a chance to go- I bet it had their creative juices flowing!

Amy said...

I've been dying to take Owen to the Children's Museum. I would always beg my mom to go on our school field trips. And, always, they were most fun when she was able to come. That's fun that you were able to go.

Radene said...

I love the children's museum too. It is a great place and hopefully sometime we'll get a pass there, as I know my boys would love going often.

And yes, yes, learn to say no every once in a while. I know it's hard being the wonderful person that you are, but it will help your sanity! :-) Many of us need to learn the same lesson.

Linda said...

I would love to go to the children's museum before we leave. I've only heard good things about it. Natalie might be too young, but I'm never too old to enjoy some fun at the museum:)