Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baby Shower Fun



Well the deed is done...the baby showers are finished and I am so grateful that both turned out fine. At Rachelle's we played name that poop...it was actually chocolate bars melted in a diaper...they looked gross but not too gross because I saw more than one lady tasting the goo! I was surprised at how many got them all right...Let's just say Brooke knows her poop/chocolate! I think I had the most fun watching the ladies race to finish 2 oz of water out of a bottle! Seriously it was the funniest thing ever!
I have been running on pure adrenaline these last few days and now that it is done I am exhausted. Now I sit and wish I had done things differently...I wanted everything to be perfect for the new mothers to be. I am not a perfectionist as much as I know how I want things to go and I get angry with myself if things don't go the way I foresaw. All in all I think it went OK.
Monday is a new week with nothing pressing to get done and let me just say ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have a few things like the newsletter but hey I can deal with just that!
I am grateful for wonderful friends who kept me sane and helped out so much...thank you! How can anyone get through this life without a few good friends who have their back? Love you!
One L

6 comments:

Cara said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish I could have made it to either one. Que sera, sera. Glad you get a bit of a break.

Linda said...

Thanks for hosting Michele, it was so much fun! And the pictures are so funny. Nursing from a bottle is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'll never complain at how long it takes Natalie to nurse from a bottle again!

Jana said...

I am sad I missed both showers. Jason was on call last minute for one and we were out of town for the other. But sometimes smaller numbers makes them a little more intimate. And bearable!:)

Anonymous said...

YUCK - remove the second picture pronto - please! note to self, do not go out without makeup or doing your hair.

I thought you did a great job! Well, except for that milky way mixup, that could've been tragic! :) Kidding of course, it was super fun. I'm sad I missed the bottle thing, that's something I've never tried. Oh and the food was great too.

Amy said...

What's up with that horrible shot of me. SICK! You did a great job!

Brooklet said...

First off all, it is Amy that was the Candy bar know-it-all. She noticed and fought valiantly that Milky-ways do not have nuts. The glory belongs to here.

You did a good job at the shower- the good was so yummy and the company was great!