Thursday, March 27, 2008

Surprises and Pretty Girls




We have had a fun week with a surprise birthday party for Rachelle and a shower for Lindsey (I forgot to take pictures even though I remembered to bring my camera). Let me just say I was afraid that Rachelle was going to have the baby right there in her living room when we all yelled surprise and pulled our poppers! She was definitely surprised...you can't fake a near heart attack. Maybe we should rethink surprise birthday parties for women who are in their last month of pregnancy.
We have had a few days off this week from school for the girls (not so fun for me) and we have been watching a friend of Jonece's for the school holidays because her mom has to work! You wouldn't know it from the loving picture of the sisters but they just don't get along when they have days on end together and add in only one friend and...its a nightmare! The girls have this Friday off for some dumb teacher in service day and that means I will get nothing done and I will have to deal with the girls and their drama drama drama! It always goes better when I have things planned like a trip to the park or a movie or a museum or a few fun crafts but I am busy putting the final touches on Rachelle's baby shower on Saturday. Maybe if I were better organized I wouldn't be such a scatter brain and leave so many things to the last minute...I plan on working on no longer being a procrastinator...maybe tomorrow or next week.
I miss my sister...she is like my right hand and when I get overwhelmed she steps in and makes everything OK and even seem fun...I love and respect her so much. She is the most loving, giving, spirit of the Law person I have ever known. We rub each others shoulders when we are stressed and she has the best hands...she is a great team cook and she does dishes too! She is an example to me when she is so willing to help out her fellow man/woman, feed their family, let them move in for a week, lend an ear and even watch their children all while juggling 4 little ones of her own. It seems like forever since I saw her beautiful smile light up the room...she is trying to find a flight to come for a visit and I can't wait. OK I will stop the pity party! I just hope my girls will be close like Care and I are when they grow up...there is nothing as comforting as a sister who knows you...warts and all...and still thinks you are all that and is in your corner even when you might not be completely right! When Jonece and Dene fight I cry inside...I want them to love each other and be close always. I know I am not in control of their future relationship but it is my fondest wish that they have a wonderful relationship like the one I share with my little sister. I ramble...well it has been a while!
Later dudes and dudettes
One L

2 comments:

Cara said...

I agree, sisters are great. I'm so glad Hallie got a sister. :) I have two, but I don't think I'll ever end up living close to them. Sad. But I guess you never know!

Radene said...

That is so sweet of you. If I were your sister I would probably have a tear in my eye. Hope this next week is a little more relaxing. :-)