Friday, February 15, 2008

Winter Wonderland?


The girls may think its a winter wonderland but to me it is just a nightmare! This week has been just awful with all the snow and ice and school closing, drama, injuries and our picturesque brink road becomes a slippery slope.
The girls have gone sledding and built this miniature igloo and just love playing in the snow until there little bodies are frozen...then they come inside and put on jammies and wrap themselves in a blanket and request some hot cocoa.
Let go back and share my horrendous week thus far. I must say Monday was a good day, everyone was healthy and everyone went to school and I went to the gym. Tuesday they closed school for the day and usually this would be a fun day spent with the girls watching movies and making cookies but I got a call from a single mom I know that she accidentally sent her 8 year old daughter to school that morning and headed off to work and she was frantic to make sure she was OK. Well I had said that I would go and look for her...so I quickly got dressed and the girls (still in their PJ's) and I jumped into the car. Well our road was a mess, it took us 15-20 minutes to get off our street but to my dismay the main drag was just as bad as our brick road. We went about 100 feet and I realized we were never going to make it to her street and I needed to try and get home. If the car got stuck the girls were not dressed to walk home. I turned around and called the mom and told her about the roads and she said she would head home on the train. She asked me to call the police when I got home to see if they could find her and I said I would. Another 20 min for us to inch our way back home (it takes about 2 minutes to walk the distance we drove) and the police were horrible. If this were a possible abduction the perp would have nothing to worry about...it took about 15-20 minutes to speak to an actual police officer who was in a car and able to look for her. He was so mean to me...he treated me like I had done something wrong. While I was talking with the mean PO the mom came home and she went with him to search for the little girl. It all turned out OK she was found down the street at a house where the dad was outside shoveling snow when she walked by to go to school and he asked where she was going and he informed her that school was cancelled and took her in until he could reach her mom. Let me just say it was a good thing he was a good man...can you imagine? The drama...I cried with relief but then realized that if it had been an unhappy ending the police were inept and it made me so angry I made a few calls complaining about the police officer, phone system and the amount of time it took to get some action. That is just my Tuesday!!! Wednesday was horrible too. They didn't have a 2 hour delay and the roads were not salted and my lovely brink road was impossible to drive on. My neighbors couldn't make it up our little hill so I wasn't even going to try...I decided to wait a couple of hours. A couple of hours later they plowed and salted our street and I attempted to get the girls to school because lets face it one snow day is enough for me...the girls get on each other's nerves after so much time stuck together. It was scary but I got them there and went to get some groceries.
I had to get home and do a ton of stuff for the girl's Valentine's Day parties at school and I was an emotional wreck...I miss having a husband to lean on when the roads are bad or when a crisis arises. I called him and asked him to come home early...I needed him. he said he would try so I planned a nice dinner and when he couldn't come home early I was devastated...and proceeded to get angry at him... you know that irrational kind of angry like everything is his fault.
I promised the girls sledding that day after school and while getting everything ready I stepped on a piece of glass and sliced my heel open...a nice long deep gash! I couldn't get it to stop bleeding and finally just wrapped it and stuffed it into my boot and took the girls to the park. It was the icing on my misery cake. When I got back home Cory was home and was so nice to me I couldn't be mean to him anymore...until he clean my wound and used antiseptic...let me just say I saw white and I may have used some unladylike language!
Happy flippin Valentine's Day came next and well there was just nothing anyone could do for me...I just wanted this week to be over. Friday is finally here, that mean the weekend is just a snipit away and let me just say if I hear "I have to study" once this weekend I think I will scream!
There I think I am finished with my vent!
I hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day.
I remain...One cranky L

5 comments:

Heather A.K.A. Crowngirl said...

You have two beautiful girls. They are really cute. I hope you have a great day! I hope to be your friend some day.

Anonymous said...

what a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day! thank goodness that was a good man who took the little girl in!
hope you're boo boo is getting better. snow...it's not all it's cracked up to be in the christmas cards and movies, is it?

nancy =)

Amy said...

I know what you mean! This week I was finally starting to feel well enough to go out and do stuff, but I couldn't because of the stinking weather. Gotta love Pitt!

Brooklet said...

The snow is no fun when you have to drive in it! BUt I actually like to look at it from my nice cozy house. I also remember building snow forts when I was little and having such a blast. Its good for Dene and Jonece that they have this chance to play in the snow. NOw if we could just figure out a way to not have to drive in it. . .

KristiBT said...

"The sun'll come out tomorrow" and melt this stuff and make lots of mud.