Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Sick Babies

I know she is 7 already and not a baby anymore but when she is sick and lying beside me with a high temperature she reverts back to being my little baby in a heartbeat. Dene has had a busy few weeks, she filly lost her "fake tooth" as she called it...it was the one in the front that had a cap and was lighter than all the rest. It stood out like a Mormon in a coffee shop (except if its Starbucks because lets face it their scones and pastries rock!) Well she finally lost the snaggle tooth (Cory's affectionate term for her cap) and then she got sick. Fever and sore throat but after some Motrin she perks back up. She went to the doctor's yesterday and they took a swab of her throat, the doctor says she is dehydrated but she doesn't think it is strep...no white dots and her fever stays below 102. She is home from school again today and she is watching cartoons in my bed.
Jonece has no fever and her throat is fine...she has puked and has an awful cough. The other night she starting puking in her sleep...she is on the top bunk and the girls have the T shaped bunk beds so when she leaned over the railing to puke she did so all over her sleeping sister who woke up abruptly and was the one screaming for us to come.
I hate it when my kids are sick...I feel so helpless...no food makes it all better. Well, I had better make sure they are drinking and doing OK.
Later dudes
One L

9 comments:

KristiBT said...

sick kiddos are no fun....but then again, they are - You get to lay around all day with them and watch cartoons and cuddle! Get better!

Linda said...

I'm sorry the girls were feeling sick:( Natalie's been sick once so far and I felt so awful. But Kristi's right, you do get to cuddle with them and watch cartoons all day:) Well, I hope they get better soon.

Gina said...

So sad! I really feel so bad when kids are sick! Good luck :)

Michele said...

I turned out that Dene has strep throat and she started antibiotics yesterday and is no longer contagious...yeah! She can go back to school...yeah!!!!!

Brooklet said...

Ughhh, I hate sickness and more than being sick, I hate it when kids are sick. It is so sad. Glad to hear both girls are on their way to recovery!!

So, I really think you need to start posting pictures of the fun crafts you are making- either post pics or start a craft blog- because I said so. I am so curious to see what you are doing for V-day crafts!

Jana said...

It is so sad to see kids sick. Especially when they are your own. I have to admit, I love all the snuggling when they are sick. I take what I can get! I am glad to hear they are feeling a little better.

Pitcherpost said...

Note to self, don't get t-shaped bunk beds, what a way to be woken up, puke poring on you. I'm glad they are feeling better. Aubrey's never been super sick, just colds, but i know it would be so sad!

Radene said...

Sorry it's been such a long haul for you! Sad. It was nice to see you all at Church though.

Amy O said...

Hope they are feeling better! I miss you, my sweet friend!