Friday, May 09, 2008

Feeling Cranky


I don't know what is wrong with me this week but I have not been my usual jovial self. Cory keeps asking me what I want for Mother's Day and I never have an answer for him. Don't get me wrong there are soooo many things I would love to have, like a van, see my boys, see my sister, new desk, new cell phone that is text friendly, a trip to some place warm and sunny, scrapbook supplies, new shoes, a day at the spa with a really good massage, and of course world peace. Lets face it we have no money and it would be selfish of me to ask for anything right now so I say "just a card", when in my heart I know that's not completely true. Summer is a tough time for us.
Cory will be off in 7 short weeks and we want to go camping and see the sights this summer because lets face it we are only here of 1 more year 11 more months and some odd days before we head back to AZ. I think him having this past week off was cruel in a way because he was off for such a short time and finals were such a monster this semester. By the time he was back to his normal self the week was over.
So I am cranky, even though I have no right to be cranky when I have so many wonderful people and blessings in my life. I will try to focus on the good things in my life, like my family, my sweet friends, my house, my faith, my life in general.
The picture is an example of the craft I am doing with Jonece's 3rd grade class today. I am actually looking forward to it! The kids in her class are so fun and they are so appreciative.
That is all for today!
I remain;
One cranky L

4 comments:

Amy said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean! I've had an inner battle with myself (concerning things I want and our VERY limited budget) for 3 years now. I wonder if it will ever get better. Keep enduring, you'll be blessed.

Radene said...

Glad you can at least be honest. I'm sorry you had a cranky day. I'm feeling a little bit sheepish as I still went shopping for mother's day even though we don't have the money, but hey it really was fun! A date with yourself is sometimes what helps. Still love you! Hope you have a better day tomorrow. or today, or as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

Less then 2 years to go - you've made it halfway! And then you can ask for anything (including world peace) on mother's day!

Jana said...

Are you still cranky? I hope not. Being poor is no fun. But you know it is temporary and soon you can go to Target and not feel guilty!! Oh wait, that's my life. :)