Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Dene



Dene had an "animal birthday party" this Monday and I made a cake that kinda looks like a horse. She is excited to be 7 years old. Her party was by far the best we have ever had and to think it was the cheapest too! I found a bunch of fun games on line and I found the directions for the cake on line too. I also learned how to make balloon animals online and you could even make out that it was a poodle to boot. Instead of expensive food we had hot "dogs" with chips and soda. It is funny that everyone was saying it was such a fun party...and I was afraid it would be a flop.
This week is turning out to be the most stressful week I have had in a long time. Monday was the birthday party, Tuesday I was in charge of the craft for brownies, Wednesday I had to print, sort, fold and distribute the 8 page newsletter for the PFO (all 540 copies). Thursday Super Saturday stuff and helping a friend with a poster plus a doctor's appointment oh and I am hosting girl's night at my house and we are doing Christmas ornaments...yikes! Then on Friday I have to finish the kits for Sat. and my parents are coming from Canada. Saturday we have the super sat and the girls are in the parade and I will be teaching 5 classes at the church and then my parents got a hotel with a pool so the girls can have a fun swim. Sunday is a day of rest...if I survive. I am looking forward to Sunday for sure. I wish all my crafty friends could come and visit this weekend and teach a class or two. I miss everyone this week.
Later everyone...pray for me.
One L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got it. =) what a cute cake! when we went to visit dd in michigan, we had the kids come swim at the hotel too. they loved it! we just made sure to use the hairdryer on their hair before going out into the cold. brrrrr!!

Jana said...

Just for the record. Souper Saturday was a hit!!! What a great job you did with so many wonderful ideas. Even for the totally pathetic crafty girls like me. I had a super time!!! Thanks again for all you did to make it happen. Maybe in the next place you live you will keep it a secret how creative you are. :)