Sunday, January 21, 2007

Life can Suck

We returned home from AZ with our hearts full and our sunshine meter reading full. We have enjoyed unseasonably warm weather here in Pittsburgh...Not as nice as AZ but not as cold as it could be.
Shortly after returning home my mom called to let me know her cancer had returned...She battled and won a bout of breast cancer several years ago. The news is not good. There is no cure for secondary bone cancer...It is just a matter of how much time treatment can give her and how much pain she is to endure.
I am always heartbroken when I hear of small children losing their mothers...I think all children need to have a mom to love them and hold them and kiss all their boo boos. The most devastating thing for me would be to lose one of my children...I hope and pray I never have to endure that. I know my mother has lived 64 years and that in itself is a gift. She has loved, lived and touched many lives, I just selfishly want to have her for about 20 more years.
I keep writing things and deleting them because some things are just too...Well the word inappropriate jumps to mind.
I just wanted to let you all know what is going on in our lives..I will update soon.
One L

No comments: