Sunday, September 17, 2006

Settling in

Finally I am beginning to settle in here in PA, not that I want to live here any longer than I have to. Cory is busy with school, he is doing well so far and he really loves not working at Boeing. The girls are starting to make friends...I wish I could say the same thing about me...I don't really want to make new friends...I already have the best friends a girl could ask for. I do miss having someone to paint with, scrap with, work with and just hang out with. I don't know what is wrong with me...I miss my friends but I am not willing to extend myself and make new ones. This part of PA sucks! Now if I could just convince 2 or 3 of you guys to come and live here for a year of so...life would be grand.
It is freakin cold here...all the time! I am not saying this to make you want to come for a visit...though that would be nice...I just hate being cold. Cory loves the weather so far...he is a weirdo...who loves gray skies and cold damp air? I miss the sun and have to find a sun lamp soon or my sun deprivation illness may rear its ugly head.
The son who never calls, called to inform us that he had a car accident and can no longer drive the car...he hit a police car of all things. Then he opted to buy my sister's car...then the next day it wouldn't start...then he calls. I wish we could help but when I told him to just pack his bags and move here with us he said "funny mom" like I wasn't serious.
I miss them tons...I miss my sister...I miss my friends and I miss all my family (especially Ella Bella).
I am not depressed, just reflective. I will try and post some pics with the next post.
love ya
One L

5 comments:

Michelle Devine said...

We miss you too. We are always thinking of you.

Nichol said...

Get on the picture posting WOMAN!!

Kim said...

miss you to onel. it will take some time, but before you know it you'll be loving it there! thinking of you to. i was at the crop on sat. and 2 girls were asking if you still worked there. then they said how much they enjoyed you!

Unknown said...

We miss you!!!!! Get out there and make some friends! You aren't replacing us, just finding some temporary stand-ins!

I was going to ask you if the "POS" broke down! I saw a sad little Geo metro sitting along the 202 the other day!

love you! Are the trees turning yet? I'd love to come out and scrap with you, tour the PA Dutch amish country, and check out the fall colors!

Nichol said...

ok , OneL When are you going to update your blog...
Get on it woman!
I need updates and lots of pictures !!!