Tuesday, September 12, 2006

One box at a time

The process is slow but steady...I have committed to unpacking at least one box a day. Sometimes it is a very small box and some days it is 3 or 4 (like today).
It must be the rain that makes me want to settle in here, or maybe because I have the urge to scrap and I promised Cory I would get the other rooms in working order first. The bathroom is 95% done and the kitchen is a close second. Our bedroom is close and the girls room is even closer. The living room and dining room will be the toughest...lots of crap that I stored in the buffet that has no home now and I am at a loss as to where to put all this stuff.
The basement will be the catch all but because it has a moisture problem I can't store everything down there.
I have an arrangement with a lady I met while picking Dene up from school...she has a kindergartner too but she is in the other class. She was in desperate need of a babysitter from 11:00 until 3:00 and we struck a deal. I don't need the money right now but I would love to have a full day (8-3) all to myself. So we are switching off I will take her daughter for 2 days and she will take mine...yeah! Now I can take some time to check out the suburbs without worrying about being late to pick up Dene at 11:00. Also I could use the time to work on the house, since I decided to paint...I know I know I swore I would never do it again but I love color and would love to go crazy and do the dining room in chocolate and the girls in pink pink pink.
I will post pictures when a room is finished. Promise.
One L

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That will be fun, having some time to yourself!! Get painting, I want to see it all!

Kim said...

hey post the before pictures then go paint! have fun though! enjoy your alone time!

Jen said...

Can't wait to see pics! Enjoy your days to yourself :D