Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I Give Up

Wait...I am not quitting the weight loss agenda or the 8 week challenge...I give up trying to do this on my own. I have been doing everything right...eating, exercising and still no real results. So I have decided that like in AA you must first admit you have a problem (done) and then take it to the Lord.
I will continue to do all I can do and then just put the rest on the Lord. I have been going to this little Santuary Cove on my bike rides and taking advantage of the ambiance and praying. I have been asking for help, pleading for understanding, begging for an unbroken metabolism.
I know that all the diets and all the times I have lost the weight and put it back on have destroyed my metabolism and I don't want to do the drug route so I have asked the Lord to repair it. I have been blessed with miracles of healing before so why not now?
Since yesterday I can really feel a difference...I know that sounds stupid...one day? But I can! I feel like this is the first day of the rest of my life. I don't feel alone anymore.
Don't get me wrong Cory and the girls have been so over the top supportive and that has really helped but I have been alone inside...but not anymore.
I know my Heavenly Father has always loved me...I am glad I remembered that he can do hard things with me.
One Lighter L

6 comments:

BusyMama said...

Isn't it great that we don't have to do hard things alone? Still pulling for ya!

Meredith said...

I agree that you have rediscovered the secret to doing hard things :) I am missing you! By the way, I voted today! Thanks for the reminder!

6jardines said...

Glad you found strength and comfort in the Lord! Those moments can really change us!

kbhull said...

Can I tell you how much I loved this post! I read it a few days ago and am still thinking about it! HE can and will help!You are amazing!
Thanks for the great reminder!
Hope you guys are doing well!

Radene said...

That is wonderful. I feel like I need to "give up" too in many ways. Why is that so hard sometimes. Good for you for turning to the right source! I love you and your are an inspiration to me!

Radene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.