Friday, July 30, 2010

New House

As promised...here some pictures of the new house. I am loving the 2 bathrooms and the wide open spaces. The best part of the "new house" is the pool. The girls have lived in it this last month. It is a salt water pool so I have also enjoyed it as it doesn't bother my psoriasis as much as a chlorine pool does.
The living room with our new couch...love it!
Entrance way with my new mirror...totally scored this one, I only paid 60 bucks for it! I am all that and a bag of chips...yes the queen of bargain shopping...am I being prideful?
Sliding glass doors out to the pool and that thing on the floor is Cookie...I am surprised how much she likes sleeping on the tile.
This is the dining area, my old table looks great with the colors.
This is the office/den alcove off the kitchen.
Kitchen...with a gas stove...yeah! I am having to adjust a few of my recipes for the new stove but so far so good. Can you see all the counter space?
I must say it is harder to keep this kitchen clean...the gas stove is not as spill friendly as the glass top and the counters become the dumping spot for everything from the mail to makeup.

Yes this is a section of my craft room...what a mess! A hot mess!
Well we are loving Tucson and I have been blessed with an amazing ward that has welcomed me with open arms and I have met some wonderful people. I know some of us will be great friends. It is such a stark contrast to my experience in the Burgh...it took me forever to find a friend and here I feel like I already have a handful!
Cory is adjusting to working better than I am...I got used to having him around 24/7 and now during the week he is gone for the better part of the day. We are lucky to have him home by 6:30pm...yuck! He still finds it difficult to be referred to as Dr. Thompson...too funny!
The girls start school on the 9th of August...they are not as happy as I am about that. They need more structure and time away from each other or someone is going to get hurt.
That is all for now, I do miss so many of the super cool people back in the burgh...love you guys!
smooshes
One L

12 comments:

Meredith said...

I love the look of your blog...you are getting all sorts of fresh starts! I also LOVE the house but even more I love your decorating! Your house there makes me excited for the unclaustrophobic days ahead (ie when we graduate and get out of this cramped but loveable city...oh dear, my neighbors are screaming at their kids again as I type this...). I am seriously missing you but so glad you are enjoying your new life!

nancy said...

i love your beautiful new home! so glad you are happy and doing well! =)

Radene said...

That house is AMAZING! Wow, and your stuff looks incredible in it! Your decorating is awesome. seriously. I am super impressed. WOW! Guess we'll just have to come visit! Your home is beautiful. we love you and miss you! So glad you've made some friends already!

Maretta and Danny said...

I LOVE the house! Your decorating makes it look even better. Did you guys do the painting or was it already like that? It looks great. Congrats on the discount mirror. I'm all about bargains, but my house doesn't look quite that good. I'm jealous about your pool.

6jardines said...

You have made your house so gorgeous with all of your special touches! Glad you are here!..only an hour and half drive....if you don't get lost. :)

Pitcherpost said...

Your house looks amazing! it's so bright and open and airy and you've pulled it together so well! Looks like you're living the dream. I'm jealous!

Richins Family said...

it looks so great michele :) soo happy for you guys!

Elise said...

I love it! I don't what to be more jealous of, the two bathrooms or the pool:) I hope you're also enjoying the wide spacious roads!

Armstrong Family said...

I love the house! That pool looks amazing. Congrats!

KristiBT said...

gorgoeus home Michele - hope to see you guys sometime soon!

Ashli Thompson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your house! Can't wait to see it in person! Do you like the tile floors? I am hating our old carpet, but in Colorado tile might be too cold. I think I would love it though! And we have the same couch you do! I love it because everyone fits... not like our old couch where everyone would come sit on top of me :o) And LOVE the pool!

Ashli Thompson said...

Forgot to add that a GREAT cook like you deserves a gas stove! We had one, then moved into our new house with an electric flat top which I HATE. I never burned food before now...