Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Joys of Pittsburgh

Firstly, I sincerely apologize for praying for a final snowy winter so the girls could have fun memories of sledding and building snowman. I should know better...be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!
The girls are having so much fun in the snow. They are trying to dig out an igloo in one of the snow banks made by shoveling the snow off the sidewalk and driveway!
It is fun to watch them in the snow, brings back memories of when I was young...all those years ago! But they have been off school all week and I am ready for them to go back! They have been getting along soooo well I really can't complain...it is just me, I have to get back into my schedule or no laundry will get done.

Cory has had the pleasure of shoveling all this lovely white stuff but the street took forever! Dormont was just not prepared to have 2 feet of snow in such a short period of time and where do you put it? It was crazy!
More snow and more time together as a family and less housework done...that is the story of our week! No complaints...we never lost power for any length of time and we had groceries.
I hope everyone is staying warm.
Love and snowflakes
One L

2 comments:

nancy said...

looks like fun! glistening snow is so beautiful. burrrr...
it's just boring here. high 65-low 43, partly cloudy, wind sw at 5 mph; tomorrow's high 67-low 45 with clear skies. sigh. =)
enjoy your winter cause this is what you can look forward to here in the zone. hehe LOVE YOU!! XOXO =)

Pitcherpost said...

I can't believe how crazy the weather has been in pittsburgh! I hope you are surviving the winter. Just think, you might not see snow for a long time after this winter!