Thursday, January 14, 2010

A New Year

I know I prayed for a snowy winter so the girls could sled and make snow angels...we were up to 12 days in a row with snow. I constantly remind myself to be careful what I pray for...because I usually get it! The snow is light and we really don't have that much accumulation in other words it is not packing snow. Cory has taken the girls sledding a couple of times and they have loved it. I have been sick with a cold that settled in my chest and I missed all the fun. But to be honest I wasn't that heart broken. I love watching the girls have fun but it has been so cold that it would have been chilly standing there watching.
Look at those rosy cheeks!

If you are following our count down to graduation...I have a sad reminder from "he who is responsible for us being here in the first place". Just because he graduates in May doesn't mean he can start working then or we can move then. I am not sure how it all works...Cory has tried to explain to me certification and which states accept what...but all I hear is blah blah blah we can't go home yet. He has applied for a few jobs in AZ, Nevada and Texas...say prayers that he gets an excellent offer around the valley! Right now he has an interview in Tuscon...kinda far from Gilbert but better than Texas!
Dreaming of AZ sunshine and all my friends and family there!
Love
One Chilly L

6 comments:

Bigelow Family said...

it looks so cold in Pgh! it's finally warming up here. we've hit the 50's a couple time this week. Only 4mo. till your done! WOW time goes by!

emily and Nate said...

Good luck with the job hunt! The lord will send you where he needs you.

nancy said...

my son is in his 3rd year of school in tucson and we have gone back and forth so much since that it seems not far at all. he's now thinking of graduation and a job and when he mentioned the possibility of working there i was bummed until i realized at least it's in state and only about 90 minutes away. better than across the country or the other side of the globe!

Brooklet said...

Brrr- but I think your girls are gonna miss the snow when they are gone. I know me and my girls are missing the snow (maybe not 12 straight days worth of snow). We had a little sprinkling before Christmas and Claire and Morgan thought it was the coolest thing ever- I love snow as long as I don't have to drive on it.

good luck with all the job hunting and deciding where to live- you are on the final stretch!

6jardines said...

I want the Valley....East Valley....like on my street! :)

Pitcherpost said...

Can you believe it! One more semester! Has time gone by faster then you thought? Good luck with all the interviewing, I can't wait to hear where you guys end up!