Sunday, November 15, 2009

Deep Thoughts

The first thing I thought about when I wrote this title was those funny cards I used to read at the car wash in AZ. You know the ones...with something like...If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
I miss going to the car wash...we have washed our car probably 6 times the three and a half years we have lived in PA. Has cleanliness dropped on our list of priorities? No, it is mostly the rain...sun inspires one to wash the car...so do hot days. Those are not in abundance in Pittsburgh. I am not bashing Pittsburgh...I really have come to love so many things here, it is just a fact. I really can't complain about the weather lately we are having a wonderful fall with crisp evenings and mornings sandwiching warm and sunny afternoons. A perfect combination if you ask me!
As for my deep thoughts I have decided to delete most of that part of my post...but let me just say the future is right around the corner and I am freaking out on some levels. I am excited to start a new chapter in our lives that does not include food stamps...but I don't want our family to change...I don't want my girls to grow up and be materialistic and shallow. I don't want my family to get so busy doing things that we no longer just do fun cheap things at home. I know there is a balance...I just hope the girls grow up to be down to earth and well rounded.
Enough of the deep thoughts...
Super Saturday is done...and I have vowed to let others teach for a few years. My sister is so funny...she said when I moved back to AZ I should tell everyone I am not crafty and we can be closet crafters...sneaking around buying supplies and working in a hidden room... selling our wares over the internet under different names...she is so funny!
On a completely different note...our little family is sick...the flu...I hope not the swine flu...but we will see. Cory is the sickest...chills, aches etc. Lets hope we all have excellent immune systems and have mild symptoms and recover quickly. I must make chicken soup...and along with the Zycam and other homemade remedies we will prevail!
Later friends
One L

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I am personally grateful that you did not keep your craftiness a secret here :) I have learned so many things from you! Sorry you are all sick! I had no idea...and tell the girls thanks a million for still showing up to do the Primary program today! That would have been tough without them! Let me know if you need any rolls to go with your chicken noodle soup!

Jana said...

I am so sorry you are all so sick. That sounds miserable. You shouldn't be making yourself soup. Someone better bring it to you!!!! I know what you mean about the next chapter of your life. It will be exciting!!!

Elise said...

Yeah for Super Saturday being over!! Let me just say you did an amazing job and I don't know how you do it. I'm sorry to hear you're all sick. Misery loves company, so why not all be miserably sick together. I hope you all recover quickly!

nancy said...

i am so excited to see you again and i think you and care should invite me into your craft closet! how big is it? hehehe
get better soon. i am the same and my sweet dh made me yummy chicken soup too.
about the deep thoughts...your family will continue to be sweet and wonderful because you are sweet and wonderful and you are it's heart! :)

Jonece Thomspon said...

The next chapter! Well at least we are not staying here. We will miss everyone , but not Pittsburgese. Dang weather. Today is nice I GUESS. How can I say that I have not gone outside!

6jardines said...

Sorry you guys are sick...I will try to get your package off today!

Nancy can for sure join the closet crafting!!!!

love ya!

6jardines said...

I want to know your deep thoughts though.....

Radene said...

I don't think you could hide your talents if you wanted to! You're just a natural and you'd be found out sooner or later. I'm sorry I didn't jump on it when you guys were so sick. I'm glad you're doing better. Love you guys!