Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun Birthday!

OK Friday was my birthday and lets just say I am 39 and holding! I woke up late and remember Cory kissing me goodbye when it was still darker outside and whispering Happy Birthday in my ear. I was surprised by breakfast in bed by my two lovely daughters followed up with two hand made cards by the same sweet girls. I then found propped up on my computer screen a birthday card from Cory that made me cry.After Cory came home early he took me all the way to Butler to a huge scrapbook store that actually had stuff from this year! He even said I could go hog wild and get whatever I wanted...a dangerous thing to say to me! I was restrained only by my thoughts of going to AZ at Christmas time and wanted to spend my money at my favorite store...Devine memories of course! It was good to be around all that new stuff and pretty new papers...it's an addiction.
After the scrapbook store we headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and I had the T-bone and all I can say is yum! We tried to save room for dessert but we were all stuffed with food left on our plates...maybe we should have had only one basket of yummy rolls!
We left TRH and ran to the airport to get Cory's brother Scott...he is coming to do the concrete driveway that I have been dreaming about for the last 2 years. It is so great having talented family that takes time from their own family to come and help out a poor relation that has a sad and broken driveway.
After we got Scott we headed home and ended the day with a trip to Bruster's...and ice cream place that is extraordinary. I had 2 scoops! It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.
That is all for now I will post pictures of the new and simply gorgeous driveway later,
One L

5 comments:

Elise said...

Happy Birthday Michele! It sounds like you had quite the perfect day. I can't wait to see what your driveway looks like!

Anonymous said...

happy 39th bday! Take me if you ever go to that scrapbooking store again!

Bigelow Family said...

HAAAAAPPPY B-DAY!!! I'm glad that Cory did something special. I know you don't like the jewelry or flowers thing. It was nice of him to take you to Butler. ANd yes I am in despearate need of some updates! Soon to come. But I'm glad you had a fun day, I'm bummed I wasn't there to celebrate.

Radene said...

I know I told you already BUT Happy Happy Birthday. Some of my favorite things about Michele are:
-You are thoughtful
-You are loving to other people's kids
-You do everything 110%...you know no other way. :-)
-You have a beautiful smile (I really like that red shirt on you that you wore on Sunday too, it's flattering on you)
-You were made to be crafty...something I love too!
-you hold great one-on-one conversations and are good at just being you.
-You are sincere and genuine
Love you Michele!

Linda said...

This is way late, but Happy Brithday! It sounds like you had a great day.