Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ten Years Ago Today



Ten years ago today I married the love of my life and have spent the last ten years with my best friend. No one can make me laugh so hard I almost pee my pants like Cory can. No one can make me smile when all I want to do is cry except for Cory. When I think about what life would have been like had I not had the courage to date/marry a younger man I could just cry. I wouldn't have had these last 10 years of joy nor would I have the family I have. I am so grateful for the man I fell in love with, he has been the best husband in the world.
Can you believe that he has never yelled at me in anger? Not once...ever. Don't get me wrong I have ticked him off a ton of times but he never gets mean. I don't know what wonderful thing I did that he fell in love with me but how lucky am I?
In ten years my only complaint has been he forgets to empty the dishwasher... sometimes for days and he is less social than I would like but in the scheme of things I am the luckiest girl in the world! He never gets on my nerves...and I can't say that about anybody else. We could spend months together 24/7 and I still want to sit next to him and talk. I love my girls but I am so ready for them to get back to school!
He is honest to a fault and a true friend. He would spoil me rotten if I wasn't so cheap. He has never said no that I couldn't get something I wanted for me...but he has said no a 100 times when I have wanted to get something for the kids. It kind of makes it hard to get the rebel rush I used to get when I would secretly buy something...he wouldn't mind if I did so it takes the fun out of it sometimes.
He mocks my craft addictions but he never complains, even when I buy more paper. I just love this man!
I look forward to another 10 years knowing that we will continue to grow as a couple and as a family (grow metaphorically not in numbers). I especially look forward to his retirement when we can travel together and visit friends and children and spoil grandchildren together...ahhh that sounds like heaven on earth.Sorry for the poor photo quality my scanner wouldn't cooperate so I had to take pictures of my pictures.
Happy Ten year Anniversary to Cory...and me! (Cory almost never reads the blog)
One L

5 comments:

JoDell said...

Congratulations on your 10-year anniversary! That's a big milestone! I still find it hard to believe that Cory is younger than you--you seem the same age (in a good way!). Enjoy your anniversary!

Elise said...

10 Years~ Congrats! Your wedding pictures are cute, I'm glad you posted them. It sounds like you guys are lucky to have found each other. You make a great couple!

Anonymous said...

HI Michele, remember me?? Happy anniversary! I havent checked your page in a long time, it is good to see your face again. I miss you!
Alisha

Bigelow Family said...

TEn years of memories! Congrats on the milestone! I miss all of you in Pgh. Seeing the pics of places and people make me sad. Make me want to come "home" again. I'm happy for you though. I can't believe that Cory has never yelled at you! I don't think I've ever yelled at Tom, but I have raised my voice. You 2 are so, you mesh like PB&J-you just go together.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! "here's looking at you kid"(as i virtually tap my sonic diet dr. pepper with yours). may your next 10 be healthy happy and harmoniously yummy. hehehe

nancy =)