Monday, July 07, 2008

Ohiopyle

We went to Ohiopyle last week and we had such a fun time picking a campsite and checking out the area. The video is the girls trying out the natural water slide. The water levels were very high and there was no way I was letting anyone I loved try the whole slide...it looked like a death slide. the bottom was fairly tame...or so I thought. Jonece went down and flew past Cory and he had to swim down and rescue her...it was scary. I promised Jonece I wouldn't post the movie of her being rescued, she was kind of embarrassed that she got into trouble. Cory was such a trooper, he never complained about anything. It was one of those days that I am reminded of why I love him so much.


Back a the campsite we got a hold of some good wood and had a nice big fire. We made smores again and the girls loved burning sticks in the fire. I was such a fire bug when I was little...who am I kidding I still am a fire bug...so it is not surprising that the girls are in love with fire. We sat by the fire for hours and we loved it!
This is the picture of the rapids that you can go rafting on...not us... until the girls are older.
Cookie was being spoiled rotten at the Derricks and even though we missed her she didn't miss us one little bit. Maybe one day she won't bark all night and we can take her with us.
That was our trip in a nutshell and now Pookie (Cory's sister Annette) is here for a visit. I will post some pictures of our visit later.
Love to all!
One L

5 comments:

Libby said...

looks like lots of fun! i love camping! especially the smores part :)!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if that's the same water slide I did - but I went down one long narrow one in ohiopyle and it beat me black and blue, no way would i do it again or let my kids do it. Zach wouldn't even do it, the pansy! but that one your girls were doing looked much more fun!

KristiBT said...

Does Cory love camping as much as Al does? Looks like a lovely spot!

Radene said...

I loved the video, I'm so glad I've been there so I can picture it right where you were. Cory said it was pretty wet from the night before you got there, but oh I wish we were there with you camping. Glad you got to go and enjoy being away from the city!

6jardines said...

Looks like lots of fun! Wish we were there!!!