Sunday, January 27, 2008

Strange Addiction


Well I have been watching Intervention alot lately and I have come to the conclusion that I too have an addiction...I am addicted to watching my husband play Halo 3 online! I know I know I am the girl that threw her boy's playstation outside because I hate hearing the same music and hearing the boys get frustrated with their video games. Those who know me may find this a little disturbing and may be wondering if there is something strange in the water here in PA. Well I still hate all other video games...I leave the room and would rather clean a toilet than have to sit through 2 minutes of any other video game. I still believe that video games are mind sucking time fillers...well except for Halo 3...it is in a different category. To me it is like watching a movie where you can actually effect the plot and ending. I know this may sound strange and even a little scary but I promise I am not turning into a stedford wife...there is no mind altering drug that has affected me...I just can't get enough of watching him play. Right now he is busy studying for boards on the 9th of February and a ton of tests this next week so he doesn't have much time to play and I have been sulking. I am trying to learn how to play myself but I am pathetic...no that is not a strong enough word...I stink...I can't move and shoot at the same time...I am a loser. So I might just have to step outside my marriage and find someone else who will play Halo 3 online and let me watch. Sometimes we have to do drastic things! I wonder if there is a 12 step program? A support group maybe? Well until I either get my fix or go into Halo 3 rehab I will remain a Halo 3 junkie.

6 comments:

KristiBT said...

I lost you for a moment - I erased my link to you and just found it. Nice addiction!

KristiBT said...

cute hair!

Brooklet said...

back in the day I was big into playing halo. When Cody and I were dating, every weekend we would go up to my sister's house in SLC and play halo. The night we got engaged, afterwards we went to play halo. Yep, we were major nerds. I got quite good, and even entered a Halo tournament at BYU- I even won a match. But those nerday, geeky, days are behind me (they are almost laughable to me now). Good luck with your addiction, may Cory do well on boards and resume playing halo for all of your sakes.

Jana said...

Help!!! I think I could be seriously addicted to the Wii if I could ever get my hands on one! :)

Michele said...

Brook maybe you could come over and give me some tips...I make killer Halo snacks!

Pitcherpost said...

I've actually never played halo or even seen someone else play it, but it seems so addictive that I need to keep myself far away. I have enough vices in my life, my US weekly magazines, DVR, blogging...