Friday, December 01, 2006

I've Been so Busy

I can't believe I have been so deliquent in updating my blog, but in my defense I have been out of the country. Ok so a weekend trip to Canada doesn't sound as impressive...But it has been an eventful couple of weeks
We had a super Saturday and I was busy getting ready for it and I still haven't cleaned up my scrap room either.
Thanksgiving was so nice, a little lonely but nice. We had a family over who was dealing with some health issues and making a turkey dinner wasn't going to happen for them so I got to spoil them. Everything turned out great except that my Mother in Law makes these rolls that are to die for and I used her recipe and they were great but not nearly as good as her. I am going to have to work on it.
The Friday following Thanksgiving we jumped in the car and headed to Canada to spend some time with my parents...And eat some yummy food. My parents jammed into 3 days about two weeks worth of adventures. There was shopping and eating and water parks and birthday parties and underground parking and valet parking...It was a blast. The girls want to spend every weekend up in Canada.
Crossing the border was easier than expected...Going there... But coming back the line up to go over the Peace Bridge was miles long. After inching along for over 2 hours we finally made it back into the great USA. It was the first time I felt like I was coming home instead of leaving it, I must be an American now.
I have a new calling in church...I am the Nursery Leader...And we have a huge nursery...yikes!
I told the Bishop that I have been in nursery or sunbeams for the last 5 years so I am hoping it won't be "for a long time" calling.
Now I am getting ready for Christmas, buying presents and making a few things and things to boot. I need a personal helper...or a personal stand behind me with a whip helper.
We are leaving for our Christmas vacation in AZ in 19 short days and I am counting them down with anticipation...I am more excited than I can say.
That is all for now I will try and post some pics from Canada trip.
One L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chel ma belle...it will be so wonderful to see you again!! thank goodness for the internet, but i have missed you bunches!