Sunday, December 06, 2009

Last Christmas in the Burgh

I am trying to really enjoy this winter...I said trying. Part of that is looking at things in a different way...realizing that this will be the last of so many things. Some are sad...some are not but all are held in a positive light. It was sad to realize that it was the last time I will witness the leaves changing color here...and not so sad to realize we watched our last first snowfall! Our last first slide on an icy brick road...our last first scraping of the car...all these things make me see the bright side of things. This new attitude (and the meds) are making this winter season my best so far.
I am sad that Christmas will be without family and our friends that feel like family but this is our last holiday with just the four us and that makes it super special. I am determined to make it memorable for all of us. Cory is off school for a bit and even though he will be studying for Boards we will fill the break with fun family times. Since this might be our last snowy winter we are making sure we go sledding often. The building of snowmen and snow angels are on the itinerary as well as hot apple cider and the occasional snow ball fight.
I am grateful for all my friends and family who have loved me over the distance and the new friends I have made here in PA.
Have a great holiday everyone...and know I am thinking of you!
Love and smooshes
One winter lovin L

6 comments:

Tyson and Rachelle said...

Love your post Michele! Made me sad!! Hope your Christmas break is the best ever!

6jardines said...

see ya Pittsburgh! Come home!!!!

Jonece Thomspon said...

It is so sad if you say it that way! Maybe we will move to another snowy place. ( Hopefully not! )

nancy said...

i just had a moment of sadness for pittsburg and your friends there ...ok, it's over! soooo excited you will be home with all your zonie fam and friends...like me! =)
(and if you really miss the snow, you know flagstaff is just two hours away! they just got 26 inches of snow and more is on the way.) xo

Keri said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the shout out on your sidebar:) This post made me sad to leave everyone:( But also happy that I won't freeze ever again...hopefully!

Radene said...

It pains me to read about your last things and having you gone sooner than later! yuck! But I am glad you will have a nice Christmas with your sweet girls. I hope you can have a great break and that Cory doesn't get called in. We are excited for you however to have Cory almost done with dental school. awesome. We love you tons and are SO BLESSED to have you in our lives.